The Lower Limb and Foot in Diabetes: Assessment and Management
Instant-access eLearning module
This three–part digital learning product is brought to you by the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine, at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. The global need for clinical excellence in treating conditions of the foot has increased dramatically and we at the College are committed to supporting podiatrists and medical professionals with education, training and continuous professional development throughout all career stages. These modules, which can be purchased individually or as a package, provide a global resource covering the management of the lower limb and foot in diabetes. The knowledge gained on completion of these eLearning modules is valuable to medical professionals across the world.
The digital learning will provide a global resource that covers the management of the lower limb and foot in diabetes. This is available as a singular modules or as a full package at a discounted rate.
Member: Full Package, £99
Non–Member: Full Package, £139
Module 1: Focusses on The Foot and Diabetes and Identifying the foot at risk
- Understand the pathway to amputation
- Remember the worldwide implications
- Identify the risk factors and pathological processes associated with the lower limb in diabetes.
- Implement risk stratification appropriate to their own country
Module contributors: Dr David Armstrong, Dr Nick Barwell, Dr Shan Bergin, Dr Vijay Viswanathan, Professor Michael Edmonds, Ms Debbie Wilson, Mr Euan McGivern, Ms Sheryl Braidwood, Mr Martin Fox and Mr Duncan Stang.
Module 2: Focusses on Wound management, Infection and the Surgical management of the foot
- Apply the principles of wound management
- Implement an appropriate management plan
- Apply the principles of infection management
- Understand the principles of surgical management of the foot in diabetes
Module Contributors: Dr Krishna Gohil, Miss Catherine Gooday, Dr Zulfiqarali Abbas, Mr Bilal Jamal, Dr Neil Ritchie, Dr Shan Bergin, Dr Vijay Viswanathan, Dr Lee C. Rogers, Mr Antony Wilkinson, Ms Debbie Wilson, Mr Frank Webb and Mr Keith Hussey.
Module 3: Focusses on Charcot foot, Pain management and neurological conditions, Prevention education for the patient and Diabetes control
- Apply the principles of Charcot foot management
- Understand the principles of pharmacological management of painful neuropathy of the lower limb in diabetes
- Apply the appropriate principles of patient education
- Understand the financial implications of the disease and the principles of prevention/management of the disease
Module Contributors: Dr Lesley Hall, Dr Jodi Binning, Professor Roslyn J Miller, Mr Bilal Jamal and Professor Brian Kennon.
This package has over 10 hours worth of learning.