The blood-borne virus (BBV) infected dentist: Where are we?
Instant-access eLearning module
FREE for members
Our new series of webinars is free to members of this College. Your membership discount will be applied automatically once you are logged in and you visit the checkout page.
College have introduced a series of dental webinars for members, based around current topics. This eLearning module is taken from one of these modules, and is tailored to provide you with an engaging online learning experience.
This module 'The blood-borne virus (BBV) - infected dentist: where are we?' is presented by: Professor Jeremy Bagg
KEY WORDS FOR PRESENTATION:
HIV; hepatitis B; hepatitis C; exposure prone procedures; anti-viral drugs
After this module delegates will:
- Be familiar with the current UK guidance affecting BBV-infected dentists and restrictions on performance of EPPs.
- Understand how knowledge of epidemiology gained from Patient Notification Exercises and the developments in antiviral drug discovery have positively impacted and permitted amendments to policy.
- Understand the requirement for appropriate infrastructure to support the new guidance.
- Be familiar with the recently updated categorisation of exposure-prone procedures in dentistry.
Future webinars will include:
- Sports Related Dental Trauma
- Traumatic dental injuries: Fractures
- Traumatic dental injuries: Displacements