Treatment Approaches to Diabetes Mellitus
1 CPD Approved
18:00 - 19:15
The 'Treatment Approaches to Diabetes Mellitus' Webinar will be hosted by the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow) and will include:
- A digest of the current range of pharmacological interventions that may be used to control blood glucose levels in people with diabetes.
- Consideration of some of the reasons why some patients may unwittingly fail to adhere to those prescribed regimes.
- Discussion around how the podiatrist might reduce medicines non-adherence through an understanding of the patient's perspective of why their non-adherence may occur.
At the end of this webinar delegates should have learnt the following:
- To review the range of injected and oral drugs that are used to help control blood glucose levels
- To consider adjunct and dietary therapies in the control of blood glucose levels
- To consider approaches that may enhance and encourage medicines adherence, in respect of the control of blood glucose levels