Sorry, we couldn't process your message. Please try to refresh this page and send it again.
Endodontic Microsurgery Masterclass
07/12/2023 09:00 - 08/12/2023 17:00
Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre
6 CPD Approved
This hands on cadaveric master class will give a comprehensive immersion in evidence based contemporary periradicular surgery.
This course has been designed for dentists, specialist and speciality trainees with an interest or experience in endodontics and oral surgery and is designed around three modules:
Module 1: a pre recorded webinar demonstrating patient assessment, treatment planning, and the steps involved in Endodontic microsurgery
Module 2: an afternoon observing live Endodontic microsurgery including patient consent and sterile set up (which can be attended by nurse colleagues, free of charge) Course dinner for delegates and faculty on the first evening (7 December) included in the registration fee
Module 3: a full day practicing Endodontic microsurgery and anatomical dissection on cadaveric material with contemporary equipment at our Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre (CASC)
- Pre-course material
- A live surgery demonstration
- A full day of hands on training
- High tutor-to-participant ratio
- Personal tuition
- Performance assessment and feedback to identify areas of strength and development
- Use of the dental operating microscope
- Use of contemporary microsurgical instruments
- An understanding of the essential clinical factors of patient examination, diagnosis and treatment planning based on the most contemporary clinical literature
- An understanding of a sterile surgical set up of endodontic microsurgical instruments
- An understanding of patient communication and consent
- Knowledge of how to perform periradicular surgery under the dental operating microscope
- Knowledge of postoperative instruction and follow up
- Experience of each stage of periradicular surgery on multiple teeth and local anatomy dissection, with contemporary microsurgical equipment under dental operating microscopes
Preparation for the course
- A foundational knowledge and experience of dental surgery is required to maximising the intensive two days of practical microsurgery learning.
- A review of the pre-course material video.
Gareth Calvert is a Consultant and specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Glasgow Dental Hospital and School. His clinical practice is devoted to the multidisciplinary oral rehabilitation of patients with hypodontia, including all aspect of surgical grafting and dental implant treatment, and single specialty interest of endodontics, particularly endodontic microsurgery and surgical repair of external cervical resorption. Gareth delivers education in various formats in the UK and abroad but particularly enjoys the privilege of cadaveric courses with our College.
Thanks to our sponsors
You could save £100 on this event by becoming a member! Read more about becoming a member here.
Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre
There are no seats available on this event. If you apply now, you will be added to the waiting list and your payment will be taken when your attendance has been confirmed.