Foundation Skills in Surgery
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
This course provides an introduction to the specific skills of early stages of surgery. It is suitable for foundation year doctors and final year medical students considering a career in surgery.
This interactive course provides an introduction to the specific skills of early stages of surgery. It is suitable for medical students and Foundation Year doctors considering a career in surgery.
The course will follow a blended learning format where delegates will be issued with online learning materials in advance before attending a half day procedural skills section.
This programme covers:
- Pre-course online lectures
- Record keepingCommunication skills
- Careers in surgery and the surgical CV
- Leadership and professionalism
- Interactive Practical skills session
- Safe instrument handling
- Basic surgical skills
- Orthopaedic fracture management