Performance Support for Doctors in Training
13/09/2022 - 16/09/2022
4 CPD Approved
Focusing on managing doctors in difficulty and difficult doctors
Please see here for full event terms prior to booking: Event Terms and Conditions (rcpsg.ac.uk)
This half day course aimed at senior clinicians, responsible officers, clinical directors, medical directors and clinical leads, focuses on managing doctors in difficulty and difficult doctors.
Through national updates, case studies and in depth interactive sessions, this course will support you to identify concerns early, diagnose the issues and ensure effective intervention and support doctors who are experiencing difficulty or demonstrating difficult behaviours.
Aims & Objectives
The course will introduce delegates to the management of trainees with difficulties. Specific guidance will be given in relation to the requirements of GMC, recognition and management of issues, and strategies to overcome commonly encountered barriers
- State the requirements of the GMC in identifying and managing trainees with difficulties.
- Identify those features which may indicate a trainee with difficulties.
- List possible barriers to effective intervention.
- Name the formal processes and procedures required when managing trainees with difficulties.
The course will have 2 live sessions, one intro session (1 hour) and then a final 2 hour session.
- 19.00 – 20.00 on 13 September– Introduction to Course
- 13.00 – 15.00 on 16 September – Discussion/closing session
A, B & D
There are no seats available on this event. If you apply now, you will be added to the waiting list and your payment will be taken when your attendance has been confirmed.