Practical Advice for New Consultants
09/09/2021 - 14/09/2021
4 CPD Approved
This informal day guides newly appointed consultants, or those who are about to be appointed, through the major issues they will encounter in the first years following appointment.
This series of 2 evening webinars will guide newly appointed consultants, or those who are about to be appointed, through the major issues they will encounter in the first years following appointment.
The programme will give special attention to those areas not discussed in postgraduate or specialty training.
The topics covered during the webinars will include:
- The interview process for consultants roles
- Understanding the gap between training grade and consultant posts
- The Consultant contract and the job planning process
- Time management and the efficient running of your office
- Work life balance
- Career progression and alternative roles
- The role of realistic medicine in medical practice
- Opportunities in service development, locally and nationally
Who should attend?
- Newly appointed consultants
- Senior trainees approaching CCT completion
- Those returning from a period of absence
AimsThe aim of the course is to provide introductory guidance for those new to consultant posts. Among the topics covered, delegates will be introduced to the consultant contract, as well as receiving guidance on the importance of effective time management and job planning
- Name the principal components of the consultant contract
- Describe the principles which should be applied to the job planning process
- State the meaning of the term Realistic medicine and give examples of its use in medical practice.
- List the factors to be considered in relation to time management.
- State the principal differences between training and consultant grades.
The programme meets the criteria for dental enhanced CPD development outcome B.
For ease and convenience the programme can be accessed live or on-demand for up to two weeks after the event.